Over winter break my took me to get a manicure. And I don't know about you but I always have such a hard time picking a color. I ended up choosing OPI Jewel of India and let me tell you- this color is gorgeous! I could not stop looking at my nails after I got them done! I do not own this polish so my nails are pictured over the book Eat Pray Love (the author goes to India in this book). This picture does not do the polish justice. Seriously, you have to check this color out!
Also, over break I did some major nail polish hauling. I got several Wet N Wild Colors that I thought would be great for layering over Jewel of India. Right before I changed nail polish colors I swatched them.
First up is Wet N Wild Fast Dry in Party of Five Glitters. The five glitters are a hexagonal silver, an aqua glitter (could be hexagonal too- smaller than the silver), magenta, green, and tiny red glitters. This color would be really pretty over a black too! And sorry for the bad lighting- it was a very overcast day.
Next is Wet N Wild Craze in Glitz. This appears to be mainly magenta glitter but when you look closely you can see gold and aqua glitter as well. I got this color after seeing ginabinawina show this color in her nail polish favorites video. From what I've heard Crazes are being discontinued so if you like this color you should get it ASAP.
The last color I layered over Jewel of India was Wet N Wild Fast Dry in Hannah Pinktana. It is a gorgeous combination but I could not photograph it very well.
I love Hannah Pinktana so I painted my nails using just this color. It is a sheer color so I used 3 coats. My picture does not do this color justice at all (stupid overcast days!) but trust me it's gorgeous. It has tons of glitter and shimmer to it. This color lasted just as long if not longer than my high end polishes on wear. It was pretty cloudy all the days I wore this but when I went out to dinner there were was a light over our table- and let me tell you the shimmer is GORGEOUS in the light!
I saw this color on a blog and knew I had to get. You can see Mary's post here. Her swatch is much more accurate. Basically, you really should look at it because I did not capture the sparkle at all.
Today, I found a new nail blog and she layered Hannah Pinktana over a black. See that here, plus see Party of Five Glitters over a black.
Hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Allison

No comments:
Post a Comment