Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Splatter Manicure Nail Of the Day


Hi everyone,

Today's NOTD was based off of a post from ThePolishAholic that you can find here. It uses straws to create the splatter effect.



Jen had a tutorial on how to do this and I knew I wanted to try it right away. I had a little trouble at first, but I commented on her post that I couldn't figure it out and she helped me. Instead of placing a few drops of polish on a paper plate and dipping the straw in that, I dipped my straw in the bottle itself.




I also used drugstore polishes making it very affordable and there are tons of color options that would make it look awesome.

I started with a base of the plain white polish by Wet N Wild (Wild Shine in 449C). Next I splattered the green- Happy Ending by Sinful Colors, then the purple- Rock Bottom by Sally Hansen Hard As Nails, and finally the pink- Boom Boom by Sinful Colors.



I think this manicure is really fun and unique. No nail is the same so it's nice not worrying about making it perfect.



What do you think of this manicure? Are you going to try it?

Love,
Allison

(P.S. seeing comments makes me smile!)

2 comments:

  1. it turned out great! Love the colors you picked :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and thanks again for your help :) After seeing the black based one on your blog I think I'll have to try to recreate it!

    ReplyDelete