Friday, March 11, 2011

Nail Polish Hauling

So I was inspired after seeing MissJenFabulous's spring nail polish video to buy some spring colors (like I really need it).




First up Sally Hansen

Blue-Away is an Insta- Dry and very pretty. It applies darker than it appears in the bottle but I'm really enjoying the polish on my toes.


Green With Envy is a pretty lime green with a creme finish. They had a few spring greens in the Insta-Dry collection as well (Jade Green and Chartreuse Green were gorgeous).


Lacey Lilac is a, well, lilac color. It, like all the other Sally Hansen colors I bought, is a creme finish.


Mellow Yellow is a medium toned yellow and it's the first yellow I've owned since I was a little kid.



I picked up two China Glaze colors when I went to Sally's searching for China Glaze Crackle.


Laser Lime is part of the Tronica collection, a holographic CosmoProf and Sally's exclusive collection. Most bloggers say that these aren't very holographic and I would agree. Compared to swatches I've seen of the OMG collection they do not. Even in the bottle you can't really see it. But in direct sunlight this polish has it and it's gorgeous. I wanted to keep looking at my hands when I was driving today!

I couldn't quite get an accurate swatch of this one. It's a little brighter in person.


I've been wanting to get Flip Flop Fantasy to pair with the Cracked Concrete after China Glaze twitpic-ed this combo. I couldn't find Cracked Concrete but I still wanted to pick up Flip Flop Fantasy just in case. This is a really hard polish to photograph. It's a neon pinky orange or orangy pink (I can't decide).


Back when Zoya was having the three free polish promotion I ordered a few polishes and Kelly was on back order. Having sent it to my house I did not get it until this week when I was home for spring break.


I also went to Ulta in search of the Crackle collection and spotted this Essie color on clearance. Movers and Shakers is a sheer (perhaps jelly) light hot pink color (if that even makes since).


A few weeks ago I finally broke down and ordered a few colors from the OPI Texas Collection. For whatever reason my camera doesn't want to photograph the three sorbet colors I bought (Do You Think I'm Tex-y, Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em, and Guy Meets Gal-veston). I also bought San Tan- tonio which is a great nude color.



I also ordered the Zoya Intimate Collection when it was on sale for $25 shipped and OPI Black Shatter (from a blog sale- very reasonably priced too!) so I'll get those soon.

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment