Thursday, September 15, 2011

6 Candles By Victoria Scents

Hi everyone-

The school year is in full swing- with projects, tons of reading, homework, work etc, meaning I'm super busy. I finished my "Thursday goal" list early tonight so I decided to enter the monthly "Blog For CBV" contest by talking about the last six scents from Candles By Victoria I've burned (or in my case warmed in my tart warmer).

So let's get this started!

The first two I'll be reviewing are from her Black Label line. This means they are higher quality fragrance oils and only available in the Black Label line candle. I was chosen as a September reviewer (YAY!) so I received all the new September scents to review. Top Shelf Black Label candles are available on candle page 19.

Manhattan is described as "An enticing combination of orchids and fresh carnation are blended with a touch of cumin and bergamot. The soothing quality of jasmine and fennel flourish in the heart. Sweet scents of the Madagascar vanilla bean mingle among the earthy feel of patchouli, amber and musk to complete this exotic blend".

On cold throw I smell a beautiful flower combination. This is not a "bam" in your face, I'll cause you to get a headache in 5 minutes floral though. It's soft, sophisticated, and just pretty.

On warm throw, I would say the same things. Florals are particularly challenging for me to describe and the complexity of all the Black Label line makes it even harder.

Would I recommend it? If you like floral scents even slightly yes! If floral scents aren't your thing I'm not sure if I would recommend you spending $18.50 on it. But this is one is one I really like :)

Mojito is described as "Fantastically fresh green notes and citrus splashes of grapefruit are mixed with sweet fruity scents of loganberries. A subtle detection of cassias and vanilla are the perfect finishing touches for this pleasurable fragrance".

On cold throw I get a green note and a very sweet note. Jeez, these complex fragrances are truly hard to describe!

On warm throw, the green notes are just noticeable. The sweet notes take the top notes (what you smell first) for sure!

Would I recommend it? I know a lot of people would really like this one. I would purchase it? Well it's not quite my thing but it is quite nice.

The rest of these are from her regular line. You can order all size candles and scent shots (tarts) in these.

Autumn Leaves is described as "Smell this one with your eyes shut and you'll be reminded of a cool, sunny fall afternoon. Note that this is not a burning leaves fragrance. This one is green and musky with heavy notes of bergamot and is simply a must have for the fall season" and is listed under the earthy category.

On cold throw, I smell a heavy green note. And if leaves had a smell, that note would be in here. Something lightens it up- and I think it's the bergamot (which I love).

On warm throw, my opinion of it totally changes. To be honest, I'm not really a fan of earthy or green scents. But warm, oh my goodness, I love it! The leaf-y scents is toned down and it smells so amazing! Like fall in a candle! If you are wanting a fall scent but not wanting spice or pumpkin order this right now!

Would I recommend it? Absolutely! It's amazing warm!

Barbados is described as "Papaya W/Hints Of Mulberry & Coconut" and is listed under tropical scents.

On cold throw, I get coconut and other fruity notes that I couldn't really distinguish until I read the description. I can tell why papaya is listed under the description for sure.

On warm throw, it smells about the same. It makes me want to be on a beach :)

Would I recommend this? For anyone who likes tropical, fruity scents, yes!

Pomegranate & Mango is described just like the name says and is listed under fruity scents.

On cold throw, it smells like... well fruity. I'm not sure if I would be able to pick up the two scents because the pomegranate overpowers the mango and I'm not exactly sure what pomegranate smells like (although it tastes amazing!)

On warm throw, it smells awesome! Fruity amazingness! Someone came to my room when this one I commented on how good my room smelled.

So I would recommend this? Yes! It's even better on warm throw which is always fantastic.

And the last one I'll be reviewing is Poisoned Apple. Poisoned Apple is described as "This wickedly delicious scent is a fusion of tart green apples, brown sugar and bergamot, laced with licorice and vanilla bourbon". And just the name tells you it would be perfect for Halloween time :)

On cold throw, I get a non-sour apple scent (which is why I'm not saying green apple, but it's not Macintosh Apple either) with something extra. I don't get licorice so don't let that turn you off.

On warm throw (it's been on since about 6 hours now), I get the same apple with something special scent that I got before.

Would I recommend this? Yes, the name makes it perfect for fall plus it's a great apple scent!

Everything reviewed is available on the Candles By Victoria website.

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Allison

1 comment:

  1. Ive heard really great things about these candles. Poisoned apples sounds amazing. I have been loving my Bath and Body Works candles in 'Creamy Pumpkin' and 'Salty Carmel".
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete