Saturday, July 30, 2011

My July 2011 Favorites :)


Hi everyone-

Sorry for the lack of posts (which is what all of my posts are saying). Today I wanted to share with you my July Favorites.

First I'll talk about my random favorites.

I've been really like SnackWell's Cookies Fudge Drizzled Chocolate Chip 100 Calories packs. They taste like real chocolate chip cookies and the chocolate drizzle gives it something extra. Plus, the packaging is so cute! Green and brown zebra stripes- I mean really how fun!

It's not pictured with the makeup but Diet Dr. Pepper. It's a new favorite but I really wanted to add this to my favorites. Last weekend I went to my boyfriend's family reunion. We stayed at a hotel and both his mom and his aunt were drinking Diet Dr. Pepper there. His aunt talked about how she has been stopping at McDonald's everyday to get one. I haven't tried one for years. When I stopped for lunch on the way back to my house from his (he lives a little under 2 hours away) I decided to get Diet Dr. Pepper. Now I'm getting it quite often. In my opinion Dr. Pepper has more of a syrup-y soda taste to it and I like Diet Dr. Pepper must more!

I have also been obsessed with listening to old Shania Twain songs. In fact, I'm listing to Party for Two right now. That Don't Impress Me Much, Any Man of Mine, Up, Honey I'm Home, and Who's Bed Have Your Boots Been Under are just a few of the songs in my recently played playlist.

Super Bass by Nicki Minaj is also a favorite. I have my boyfriend's sister to blame for this. Earlier this summer before it was on the radio I heard it in her car and downloaded it when I got home. Last weekend when we were driving to the reunion we listened to this song non-stop. She rapped for us while my boyfriend danced.

Right Here by Nicole Scherzinger has also been one I dance in the car to :)

As for country music (which I love,) I've loved Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean, Honey Bee and God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton, Barefoot Blue Jean Night by Jake Owen, and Remind Me by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood.

I have also done a lot of reading. I babysit five days a week from 9-3. The kids are older so while they play video games I like to read. The Sookie Stackhouse books and Escape by Barbara Delinksky are some that I have enjoyed.

Now for my makeup favorites!

This month I have been going pretty natural (and of course it's not because I don't feel like waking up to do it....).

I've been using Bare Minerals foundation in Medium Beige since November when I was able to go the Ulta that had just opened. I'm still loving how natural, yet flawless, it makes my skin appear. The only downfall I see with it is that it does wear off before the end of the day. However, I am able to get over that because of how my skin looks after using it.

Benefit's Boi-ing concealer is great- it gives a nice coverage. I use it for my under eye circles but it's also great to cover up blemishes. I bought the duo with Eye Bright and I like that as well. It only comes in 3 colors which could be a downfall but the medium is great for me.

Ever since I got the Naked palette by Urban Decay for Christmas I have loved using it. This month I have used it mostly for simple looks with Half Baked, Toasted, Virgin, or Sin alone on the lid. I also have been using the Zero side of the eyeliner that came with it quite often. I just love how creamy the 24/7 liners are.

If I haven't been using Zero, I have been using the Physician's Formula gel liner for Brown Eyes. I love how it looks and how easy it is to use with the brush that comes with it.

See that cute snow cone in the picture? It's a bath bomb from Fortune Cookie Soap and I have been loving how soft my skin feels after using one. I have previously reviewed them on my blog so you can check those out if you want more information.

That's all for now :)

Hope you are having a great day! I can't believe July is almost over. I move back to school for RA training a week from Wednesday! Ahhhh it's crazy!

Love,
Allison

1 comment:

  1. Yay country music. I am obsessed. It's all I listen to. I love Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton (and everyone else). I am also in love with the naked palette which I think will always be a favourite for me.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete